Monday, January 19, 2009

Bedazzling, skiing and veggie pizza.

I'm being completely honest when I say that I wish I was Sasha and Malia Obama. Yeah, I'm jealous of a seven year old and a ten year old. Get over it. I mean c'mon man, I don't even need to list all of the amazing opportunites they're being treated to.
Oh life...
In other news, I tried to bedazzle my phone in order to conceal its "razr-ness" yesterday. I started out with bags of multi-colored beads and a glue gun, but ended up scrapping the "DIY" method, and bought $12 worth of "cell phone bling" from Claires. Although my phone now looks like a four year old's play toy, it's still hiding the fact that it's a razr, and I am grateful.
I realized that I have been taking Oxbow for granted. I live about 4 minutes away from a pretty nice zoo/park, and I rarely go there. Yesterday I finally packed up my cross country skis, and headed for the trails. Part of the reason I don't enjoy Oxbow has to do with the bugs...the spiders, the daddy long legs, flies, ticks,mosquitos, whatever, whatever. But seeing as it's winter, all of those little crawly critters are GONE! I am in bugless bliss...I can truly soak up Oxbow's beauty without constantly fearing that a spider will drop onto me. I enjoy cross country skiing- it's a great way to exercise AND marvel at nature's beauty! *cheese*
Anyway, now that I've entered my "let's be healthy and active" phase in life, I need to start playing the part. I'm no Iron Chef, but I came up with an AWESOME vegan meal a few days ago. All you need is 1 tortilla shell [or whatever they're called], pesto sauce, and a variety of chopped veggies. [ For all you un-vegans, you can top it off with some cheese, if you like.] Smear some pesto over the tortilla, and sprinkle the veggies on. Broccoli, green and red peppers, corn, mushrooms and tomatoes work really well. I also added some fake meat crumbles for extra protein, but that's optional. Pop it in the oven for like 15 minutes and ENJOY! [Make sure the veggies are cooked through, and the tortilla shell doesn't burn!] Mmmm, delicious.
Yayie! I have volleyball tomorrow, and I can't wait. I'm a little rusty, but all of my volleyball love is flowing back into my veins!

Ceb.

No comments: