I'm a very holiday-ish kind of person. I listen to christmas music (incessantly), I'm all about decorating the christmas tree (along with every inch of our house), I even don my baking hat (which rarely to never happens). Today was unlike most days...it was an unusually festive day.



I began my morning with NO class whatsoever. I also woke up to find that a blanket of fresh snow had covered everything outside; including little Diablo's newly aquired palace. (a.k.a Maisy's kennel.) Then a brilliant thought popped into my head. Without any further thought, I sent Bri a text inviting her over for a day full of christmas cookie baking shenanigans. Hilarity ensued.
We got right down to business...well, right after we frantically searched for Hanson's "Snowed In" album. (Which, to our distress, was no where to be found.) But we decided that some christmas tunes from the past would suffice. Finally, we were ready to bake. Halfway through our mixing of the ingredients for gingerbread men, we noticed that the recipe called for 7 cups of flour. We always overlook the vital information. Needless to say, we had way too much gingerbread dough.
But we're pretty ambitious, so we decided to make some peanut butter cookies. Huge success.
Next came the frosting process. I don't mean to brag, but my friend Brianna and I have an eye for art. We're quite the creative type. Obviously.
After a long day of suger and sweets, and dare I says it, too much christmas cheer, we ended our baking day. Merry Christmas to you! (ps. A picture says a thousand words...)
Love, B.

1 comment:
BAAAHAHAHAHHA, I lol'd so hard at those pics. Amazing.
Post a Comment